|S.No.||Ingredient Name||Qty in Litres/Kgs|
|1||Neem Leaves (Vembu in Tamil)||1 Kg|
|2||Vitex negundo or Chaste Tree Leaves (Nochi in Tamil)||1 Kg|
|3||Guduchhi/Amruth (Seenthil Kodi in Tamil)||1 Kg|
|4||Jatropha curcas (Kattu Amanaku in Tamil )||1 Kg|
|5||Calotropis gigantea (Erukkan in Tamil)||1 Kg|
|7||Cow's Urine||5 Litres|
- Can also use leaves of Malabar Nut (Adathoda in Tamil), Andrographis paniculata or Kalmegh (Siriyanangai in Tamil), Clerodendron (Peenarisanghu in Tamil) and Usil (Arappu in Tamil).
Method of Preparation
- Make a paste of any of the five leaves mentioned above and dissolve it in 5 Litres Cows Urine.
- The concoction is then diluted in 5 Litres of Water.
- Keep this undisturbed for 5 days.
- The pesticide should be kept in the shade and covered with a wire mesh or plastic mosquito net to prevent houseflies from laying eggs and the formation of maggots (worms) in the solution. This is applicable during the preparation as well as during the shelf life of the pesticide as well.
- Not Applicable
- Spray System - The pesticide can be applied as a foliar spray.
When to use the Pesticide?
- Generally, the ideal time for spraying is during 6 am to 8.30 am and between 4 pm and 6.30 pm.
- Generally, most of the pests are controlled by this.