|S.No.||Ingredient Name||Qty in Litres/Grams/Kgs|
|1||Neyveli Kattamanakku (Ipomea carnea) Leaves||2 Kgs|
|2||Custard Apple Seeds||2 Kgs|
|3||Cow Dung||5 Kgs|
|4||Cow Urine||5 Litres|
Method of Preparation
- Take a vessel which can hold a little above 200 Litres of Water and fill it up with the required water.
- Cut the Neyveli Kattamanakku Leaves into small pieces and immerse them well in the water.
- Crush the Custard Apple Seeds and place the entire pulp in the water.
- Pour the Cow Dung & Cow Urine and mix them well.
- Allow the entire contents to ferment for 5 days.
- Filter the contents and it is ready for use.
- Please note that the stick (neem stick is better or any pole) used for mixing the ingredients should be cleaned before & after the usage so as to avoid maggots formations in the pesticide.
- The pesticide should be kept in the shade and covered with a wire mesh or plastic mosquito net to prevent houseflies from laying eggs and the formation of maggots (worms) in the solution.
Method of Storage
- The pesticide should be kept in the shade and covered with a wire mesh or plastic mosquito net to prevent houseflies from laying eggs and the formation of maggots (worms) in the solution. This is applicable during the preparation as well as during the shelf life of the pesticide as well.
- Not Applicable
- Spray System - The pesticide can be applied as a foliar spray.
- Generally, the ideal time for applying the paste is during 6 am to 8.30 am and between 4 pm and 6.30 pm.
- The pesticide is best effective in controlling mealy bugs.