|S.No.||Ingredient Name||Qty in Litres/Kgs/Nos|
|1||Castor Seeds||5 Kgs|
|3||5 Litre Mud Pot||5 Nos/Acre|
Method of Preparation
- Crush the Castor Seeds until it become soft and the pulp is visible and mix it in the water.
- Keep this solution in a plastic drum for about 10 days undisturbed.
- The solution is ready to be used from the 11th day.
- The pesticide should be kept in the shade and covered with a wire mesh or plastic mosquito net to prevent houseflies from laying eggs and the formation of maggots (worms) in the solution. This is applicable during the preparation as well as during the shelf life of the pesticide as well.
How long can we store the Pesticide?
- The pesticide can be stored for 3 months time.
How to use the Pesticide?
- The mud pots has to be buried in the soil till the neck level at equal distance in the farm at different places.
- Pour 2 litres of the pesticide in the mud pot.
- Add water till the neck level of the pot.
- The odour of the pesticide will attract the pests and they will fall in the open pot.
- Collect and remove the dead pests floating in the pot every 2 days.
- Refill the pesticide in the pot along with the water once the contents of the pot decreases.
- The pesticide is effective in controlling white grubs and rhinoceros beetle.