Note: As usual, if anybody has anything to share, please provide the same.
- Have Compost near or in the Coconut Groove (generally palm family trees) as Rhinoceros Beetle is known to lay their eggs in the compost and multiply there and hence it will attack the plants and this may result in reduced coconut production or destruction of the plant itself.
- Have Sunflower as the supporting plant for the Tomato and this will help the plants to climb onto the Sunflower and no need for any other structures and as well as additional income for the farmers from the Sunflower plants.
- Red Ants are very helpful in controlling pests. To enable the Red Ants to cover the entire breadth and width of the farm, tie strings from one tree to the other tree above the height of 6 ft or above so that it does not create hindrance for movement of humans or vehicles in the farm.
- Use local Earthworms namely Perionyx excavates (surface dwellers) & Lampito mauritii (subsurface burrowers) for Vermicomposting and other similar activities.
- Have Honeybees and Chilli crops around the farm to avoid elephant entering into the farm. Honeybees will get disturbed by the elephants and elephants are afraid of honeybees. Also, elephants dislike the chilli crops as it is hot.
- Wild Pig menace can be avoided by placing human hair cut into small pieces in the path taken by the pigs. The human hair will enter their nostrils and irritate them.
- Have Coconut Trees planted near Electricity Lines (EB). Plant Coconut Trees atleast 15 ft away the EB line to avoid power cuts and accidents.