Length - Can be of any size
Breadth - 2.5 ft to 4 ft (Max)
- Nobody should step on the raised bed, once the raised beds are prepared as this will compact / harden the soil.
- Generally, one drip point is required for 2.5 ft breadth size, 2 drip points are required for 4 ft breadth size.
Height - 1 ft (Max)
Space between Raised Beds - 1.5 ft to 2 ft (Max)
- This area can be used for irrigation as well as for all the activities like sowing, manuring, harvesting etc
- The bed should be from East to West direction to get maximum sunlight throughout the day.
- Generally, most of the vegetables need full sunlight and hence proper plan should be made to ensure that no shadow falls on the bed.
- Few vegetables may tolerate semi-shadow and these can be planted where shadow falls on the bed.
- The bed can be flat or rounded.
- If multiple raised beds are made next to each other, can opt for sprinklers for watering.